Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Newest Pioneer

Ryan Hunt of Gallatin is the new head baseball coach at Vol State. Hunt has been an assistant baseball coach at Cumberland University in Lebanon since 2003, the school where he also played second base as a student.

“Ever since I got into coaching professionally, Vol State stuck out to me as someplace I’d like to coach someday,” Hunt said. “There’s a history of winning at Vol State. I’m familiar with the program and it’s close to home and family.”

Hunt has both a bachelor’s and master’s degree from Cumberland. He arrives at Vol State as the team is preparing for the spring baseball schedule. The Pioneers start play in February.

“I hope to take the program to new heights,” he said. “Being part of three national titles at Cumberland, I’d like to see that happen here someday. The biggest thing is to have a positive impact on the program and the players.”


Everyone is encouraged to come out and root for the Vol State teams during home games in Gallatin. For the complete Pioneers baseball, softball and basketball schedules visit www.volstate.edu/athletics

No comments:

Post a Comment