Friday, July 31, 2015

Welcome Kim-Sue Tudor

Kim-Sue Tudor is the new director of Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) at Vol State. She comes most recently from Quintiles, Inc. in Marietta, Georgia, where she was a clinical researcher. Medical Laboratory Technicians collect samples from patients and perform tests to analyze body fluids, tissue, and other substances. Vol State has a dedicated state-of-the-art training lab in the Wallace South Building.

“I’m a clinical laboratory scientist,” said Tudor. “I wanted to return to teaching. It’s something I enjoy and that gives me a great degree of satisfaction. This position gives me the opportunity to shape a clinical laboratory science program. I would like to expand the program and I would like to have it be more visible in the community.”


Tudor has also worked in research settings at John Hopkins University and Hospitals in Baltimore. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Biology and Medical Technology from James Madison University in Virginia; a Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion from California University of Pennsylvania; and a Ph.D. in Pathobiology and Molecular Medicine from the University of Cincinnati.

No comments:

Post a Comment