Monday, September 29, 2014

Meet Patty Anderson - Dean of Business and Technology

Patricia Anderson is the new dean of Business and Technology. She comes most recently from Dynetics, Inc., a Huntsville, Alabama engineering, scientific and IT solutions company, where she was a senior account manager. In her new role, she will oversee the Business and Technology Division at Vol State.

“Technology is so fast-evolving,” Anderson said. “You have to stay on the cutting edge. We’re going to enhance our technology electives and look into new programs at Vol State. I want to make sure that we give students the tools that they need to be the first choice in a job interview.”

Dean Anderson has a Master of Science in Information Assurance and Security from the University of Alabama at Huntsville (UAH). She also has a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Athens State College and an Associate of Science degree from Calhoun Community College. Anderson has professional higher education experience as an academic advisor at the UAH College of Nursing and as director of the Gender Equity Program at Calhoun Community College.

“I didn’t start college until I was in my mid-thirties and I was scared to death,” she said. “I didn’t know if I could do it. The most rewarding professional position I’ve ever experienced has been in higher education. I realized how education changed my life and I could see how it could change the lives of my students. Education can truly be a lifesaver.”

Dean Anderson, who goes by Patty, is making the transition to live in Sumner County. But she and her husband already have roots here. Howard Harris Anderson's mother came from Gallatin and his family connections go back decades in Sumner County.

No comments:

Post a Comment